- Transporting laundry gurneys of smoke or water damaged laundry as well as clean laundry gurneys.
- Operates commercial washing machines and dryers.
- Sorts and loads water/smoke contaminated textiles into washers and loads clean, wet textiles into dryers or drying room.
- Evaluate items as they are being sorted by color and care type as well as determining if they must be cleaned by hand and or hung to dry.
- This position will participate and direct in hand cleaning items such as shoes, boots, purses, large bags, or built-in electronic devices or any items that look like they will not stand up to being washed in a machine.
- Proceeds to hand press items if needed and fold clean dry items into groups of like types.
- This position will control the flow of the job from room to room to ensure items from each room are cleaned and organized together.
- You must be able to manage the time between washing cycles, hand cleaning, and drying times not to allow machines to sit idle while processing each job.
- Keeps accurate records of loads per job, monitors supply inventory to include soaps, hangers, plastics, and packaging materials.
- Must be willing to assist in other departments when assigned.
- A high school diploma or equivalent is preferred.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Experience preferred, but on-site training is provided.
- Must be able to be at work on time.
- Must be organized and personal cleanliness.
- Must be able to lift/carry a maximum of 50 pounds, push/pull a maximum of 50 pounds, stand, bend and walk for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to work around smoke or water damaged clothing.
- Must live in the service area.
For over 25 years, steady and calculated growth has evolved the company into a world-class operation in restoring electronics, art, textiles, and documents quickly and effectively. Since 1993 Prism Specialties has been making its mark recovering and restoring electronics specializing in both residential and commercial markets. As we strive to accommodate our customers and their restoration needs, Prism Specialties expanded into art restoration, document restoration, and textile restoration.
Our teams specialize in recovery solutions for major disasters related to fire, water, lightening and vandalism. We provide high quality and cost-effective “hands-on” restoration services with appropriate turnaround times that contractors, claims professionals, and homeowners require.
Those individuals who become part of our team are both knowledgeable and skilled. We offer a viable work environment with the ability to make a positive impact on the community and have more control over their future.
This franchise is independently owned and operated by a franchisee. Your application will go directly to the franchisee, and all hiring decisions will be made by the management of this franchisee. All inquiries about employment at this franchisee should be made directly to the franchise location, and not to Prism Specialties Corporate.
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)